How can I reduce fever during pregnancy without medication?
Natural Remedies To Cure Fever During Pregnancy (September 2018).
go to your doctor or talk to your midwife if you are pregnant are and have a fever.
A temperature above 38 degrees Celsius - or the illness that causes the fever - could harm you and your developing baby. High fever increases the risk of birth defects or miscarriages in early pregnancy. The higher the fever is and the longer it lasts, the higher the risk.
After your doctor or midwife has confirmed to you that the fever is no cause for concern, you can decide how you want to proceed. If you want to lower your fever without medication - or just have none at hand - you can try these methods:
- Lie down and put a cool damp washcloth on your forehead.
- Take a lukewarm bath or rub yourself with a sponge . Do not use cold water, as it can make you shiver, which could lead to an increase in temperature. Lukewarm water works wonderfully - your fever drops while the moisture on your skin evaporates. You may have heard that rubbing with rubbing alcohol lowers the fever. Do not try this because it may cool you down too quickly, causing your body to heat up even more. Inhaling the vapors can also be harmful.
- Take plenty of liquid to avoid drying out. This helps your body to cool down from within.
- Set a fan . He should not be aimed directly at you, because that could make you feel cold. The air should circulate around you instead.
- Put on light clothing . When it gets cold, wrap yourself in a light blanket until it gets too warm.
- Stay in the house in a cool place . When you are outside, you should stay in the shade.
At the same time, you can also do something to strengthen your immune system. BabyCenter midwife Simone Uth recommends Cistustee (tastier with some peppermint), onions or Schüssler salt No. 3.