Modern parents have become responsible. Today, they pay great attention to the comprehensive development of their children: they attend classes with kids who have just taken the first steps, enroll them in sports clubs and teach English. And, perhaps, they are doing the right thing, because scientists have proved: the earlier a child gets acquainted with foreign languages, the better his brain develops and the more effective, more effective the learning itself.
It is understandable: the structure of the brain in young children is plastic, and the thinking is adjusted in such a way that the crumb absorbs any information like a sponge. In addition, if in school-age children, all acquired knowledge of phonetics, grammar, and syntax of a foreign language occurs with the participation of only the left hemisphere, then for children, the right one also takes part in the work. As it is loaded with information, the hemisphere develops, and with it the creative abilities of the child.
So, you decided: it is time to teach the crumb, say, English. How to start learning?
- Speak to him in this language. This is the best, most effective way of learning for both children and adults. It is clear that this implies an excellent knowledge of the language and good pronunciation. However, the basics - the simplest words - you can give it to him.
- Include cartoons in the original language. Since the essence of what is happening is understandable to each of us and without words, the child begins to subconsciously relate what he has seen and heard (albeit also completely incomprehensible).
- Listen to the songs in foreign languages, discuss their meaning, pronounce individual phrases and explain the translation.
- Get some colorful books with fairy tales in a foreign language.
- Stock up on colorful cards with pictures, writing words denoting them and transcription. Such you can easily find in bookstores, in online stores or even do it yourself.
As the child grows, his knowledge of his native language improves, as he begins to understand the alphabet and the difference between "native" and "foreign language", complicate and learn: learn letters, spell words in a foreign language, etc.
- Enroll the child in special classes: professional teachers know a lot about learning, and without their help, you will certainly not get along.
Of course, we recognize right away: in home schooling, not everything will be smooth. Children on the fly grab new words, but after a minute they forget. You will need a lot of patience - even more than to teach a crumb to read and write in your native language ... Remind a child of a forgotten word or phrase as many times as necessary. Do not raise your voice! On the contrary, praise the child as often as possible.
And, of course, remember that kids learn with the help of visual-figurative thinking and better assimilate the information obtained during the game. Exactly such a game, should be learning. No coercion - otherwise the lessons from the crumbs will cause only a negative reaction. If a child does not want to study, do not insist or come up with a new, more interesting, form of work ... Never reproach a child for the fact that he "is not doing the right thing". After all, you love him not for his success, but for the fact that you have him - the most intelligent and developed child in the world!